Hedy Parry-Davies’ interest in three-dimensional art and craft, model making, stained glass, ceramics and working with paper led to her becoming an architect where she could see her designs materialising into three-dimensional constructions. For the past twenty years, Hedy has specialised in the conservation of historic buildings with a keen interest in traditional crafts and ‘above ground’ archaeology.
Throughout her architectural career, Hedy has maintained her interest in producing art and craft, increasingly so since 2012, and she currently works as a full-time artist.
Hedy’s work discernibly derives from her observations of the natural and the built environment, their textures and the marks left on them by time and human intervention.
Hedy lives and works in east London.
Member of ArtCan, a non-for-profit arts organisation which enables artists to sustain their practice.
Present and upcoming exhibitions:
- Elevate, Duff & Phelps, The Shard, : ArtCan mixed show 4th December 2019 – July 2020. Please contact me to arrange viewing.
- Candid Arts: Group show, 16-26 January 2020.
- Candid Arts, City Life: Group show, 11-20 October 2019.
- Streatham Space Project, Audience Participation: Solo show in conjunction with the theatre season, March-April 2019
- ArtCan group show at 44 Hallam Street, London, September 2018- March 2019
- DalstonArts150 art and makers Christmas Fair, St Marks, Dalston, December 2018
- Gallery Art Pool Vienna, Vienna Calling, ArtCan mixed show, 12-22 September 2018
- December 9-10th 2017, CRe8 Christmas Art Fair, St Barnabas, Dalston.
- Camden Image Gallery What is the point?, ArtCan group show November 2017
- A&D Gallery Appearance of…, ArtCan group show, September – October 2017
- Canary Wharf, Architexture, solo exhibition, August 2017
- Candid Arts Summer Salon, Tessellations, mixed show, August 2017
- The Gallery, Clerkenwell, Urban Textures / Beautiful Decay, solo show, March 2017
- Store Street Gallery, Bloomsbury, You Are Here, mixed show, January 2016
- M2 Gallery, Peckham, Tessellations, solo show, March 2015.
- Store Street Gallery, Bloomsbury, Blueprint, mixed show, January 2015
- The Invisible Line gallery, Dalston, The Flat Planet, mixed show, April 2014
- V&A, type tasting, part of The London Design Festival, September 2013
- The Rowley Gallery, Kensington, mixed show, July 2013
- Byard Art Gallery, Cambridge, Writing on the Wall, mixed show, May 2013